Painting a door all by yourself can be a bit tricky. It is totally different from painting a wall. But if you know how to do it and what to use, that will seem very easy to execute. On the other hand, choosing the right colour, the quality is extremely crucial for painting a door. So if you don’t want to hire door painting services, this is the information you need to know.
- Choose the right colour- The first step is to select the right colour. You also need to fix the amount of paint you will require. It will highly depend on the size of the door too.
- Remove hardware- Get some tools and make a way up the ladder to remove your door. Once it has been done, remove hardware if anything is stilled attached to the door. It is the same that door painting services will do in exchange for loads of money.
- Scrape away thick paint- Now scrape away any thick paint that is still there on your door. You may even find chips in the paint. So make sure you remove all of it.
- Go for primer- It’s time to put some primer on the door. Do an even coat of paint over the entire door. You need to be patient before painting the other side of the door unless and until the other side gets completely dried.
- Hang the door- Once you are done with painting, hang the door somewhere with the help of your housemate and let it dry.
Thus, painting a door at home can be done if you adhere to the proper tools and follow the instructions mentioned above.